- The Classic Lid - The lid that put ClearView Lids on the map and started it all. A solid framed, non-modular design. Machined as a single piece frame directly out of a solid sheet of polycarbonate plastic. Custom built to order and fully customizable to suit your needs. For those that have an uncompromising desire for minimalist aesthetics; the Classic ClearView is still the ultimate 'go-to'.
The Tsunami lid - The first lid to feature our patent pending modular interlock design. Tsunami is a solid framed lid constructed of interlocking sections. Tsunami looks towards the future by allowing you to reconfigure sections of your lid as your needs change. Tsunami can be reconfigured to support changes in your equipment needs (i.e. different light setup, adding extra feed doors). Tsunami can even be reconfigured to fit a completely different tank! As Tsunami uses an interlocking section design, it produces less waste during the production process; making Tsunami our most economical design choice. Yet, with the integrated support tab system nestling your lid below the glass edge, Tsunami blends right in; evoking a subtle statement of protection over your aquarium.
The Pisces EXO - Such a unique and ground breaking feat of fish safety tech that just calling it a 'lid' would be a great injustice. The Pisces Exoskeleton is in a class all by itself. The main frame utilizes our patent pending interlocks which were introduced with the Tsunami. The interlock configuration is adapted in this design, however, to incorporate a vented frame. The vented frame all but eliminates any chance of condensation collecting on the bottom of the frame, contributes to better air/gas exchange, and boasts a better than 50% reduction in frame weight compared to similar Classic or Tsunami lids.
- NEW Solid Insert Kits are available for the Pisces EXO. These removable inserts allow you the ability to control evaporation and maintain better air/gas exchange at the same time. Inserts are also a great solution for those with over curious feline friends!
- Inserts kits are currently only available by email request and separate invoicing after order has been placed.
- All Pisces Lids for tanks 4 feet and over will include one removable center brace.
There are also many great features that are shared by all ClearView Lid styles. Some of them include:
- All lids are designed to rest inside the rim of your tank, to give you that signature ClearView appearance, while still providing the peace of mind that comes with knowing your finned friends are safe.
- All lids, and lid accessories, are made with Lexan, a clear polycarbonate plastic which is also commonly used in manufacturing bullet resistant glass, riot shields, and jet windshields. Its extremely durable. We do not use acrylic in any of our lid products. Acrylic will bow and warp when used for this application.
- Every lid is customizable to accommodate feed doors, light mounts, overflows and auto feeding systems. However, only Tsunami and Pisces EXO can be customized in the future to accommodate changes in configuration.
- Our lids are screened with a UV protected 1/4” plastic mesh, which is secured with spline under the frame to continue that sleek look and also to allow for ease of replacing the screen if needed in the future.
- All lids are custom programmed, cut, screened, and shipped from our facility here in the USA. No outsourcing....from initial contact all the way to boxing and labeling your very own ClearView Lid.
- Each lid ordered is made for the individual who has ordered it, to suit the needs of their tank and preferred set up.
- Custom lids are available for all tanks, including those not listed on our product pages. We however do not offer lids for corner bow front tanks, hex tanks, or tanks with rounded corners that are not already in our library.
Here are a few pictures of our new Pisces EXO lids on the tanks in the ReefBuilders studio.
More pictures can be seen in our Media Gallery Tab
*Pictures may show add-on's or upgrades that are not part of the stock configuration or base pricing.
***STARTING AUGUST 1, 2020, ALL LEAD TIMES WILL BE CALCULATED BY BUSINESS DAYS. WE WILL NOT BE OPEN OR PRODUCING ON WEEKENDS OR MOST NATIONAL HOLIDAYS. ***
THIS WILL APPLY TO ALL ORDERS PLACED ON OR AFTER AUGUST 1, 2020 and does not apply to orders placed prior to August 1, 2020.
The times frames listed at the bottom of this page are our lead times, always. They were not changed at the outset of Covid. PLEASE note that all lead times are estimates only and WE ARE experiencing material sourcing and production delays. We endeavor to reach the lead time goals, but in some instances, are unable. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding.
This is causing delays in the listed, estimated production times. We are reluctant to offer a specific date when each order will be completed past your original estimated due date, as we do not wish unintentionally to be misleading on a time frame and there are many variables per order that affect this projection. These delays may lengthen, as shaped by supply and demand during this pandemic.
We sincerely apologize for any delay you may experience. We are working within Covid related delays and will be producing as quickly as possible at all times.
The Lid Production Time is the projected time it will take for your order to progress through our production queue from the date of order to the date of final fulfillment and shipping.
Please note that these figures are provided as an estimate only.
Current Lid Production Times:
Tsunami Lids: 42-49 days
Classic Lids: 52-59 days
Pisces EXO Lids: 70-77 days
*For Custom Lids (unlisted brands/models) especially ANY Orders containing Insert Kits and additional sections.
Please allow an additional 10-20 days!
All cancellation requests must be made via email to email@example.com.
- Cancellation requests for unfulfilled orders of any kind, made within 3 days of the initial order date, will be refunded in full. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used.
- Cancellation requests for unfulfilled orders of stock lids, made within 7 days of the initial order date, will be refunded in full. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used.
- Orders for custom lids, or those containing customizations, will be assessed a cancellation fee of 5%-15%. Cancellation fee is determined based on the cumulative time spent by ClearView staff in curating the specs needed to process the order and/or fielding inquiries regarding the order. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used minus the cancellation fee.
Cancellation requests for unfulfilled orders of any kind, made more than 7 days from the initial order date will be assessed a cancellation fee of 10%-20% based on the cumulative time spent by ClearView staff in curating the specs needed to process the order and/or fielding inquiries regarding the order. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used minus the cancellation fee.
- If the order has accrued programming or proofing time with the engineering team in preparation for cutting it will be assessed a cancellation fee of 30% to cover time spent in the processing of the order. Refunds will be issued to the original payment method used minus the cancellation fee.
- Cancellation requests for unfulfilled orders of any kind, made 14 days or more from the initial order date will be assessed a cancellation fee of 15%-30% based on the cumulative time spent by ClearView staff in curating the specs needed to process the order, programming or proofing, and/or fielding inquiries regarding the order. The balance will be provided as a store credit; valid towards a future order. Store credits are valid for ONE (1) Year from the date of issuance.
*We endeavor to work with all change orders as needed, however; we will occasionally be asked to change an order as it is being cut. If this occurs we will not remake your lid. It will be produced in the manner in which it was ordered. Cut cycle occurs at the very end of programming and just before shipping. Please request any change orders as early as possible in your processing time.